the PERFECT GIFT FOR ALL OF THE KITCHEN QUEENS you know OUT THERE
How many girls do you know… I bet it’s more than you can count on all of your fingers & toes. Friends, moms, daughters, aunts, grandparents, granddaughters, sisters, sister in laws, mother in laws… the list goes on & on. When you start thinking of it, & the perfect gift to get each of them, it can be a bit overwhelming.
I am always in need of a thoughtful & fun gift, especially during the holidays, so I thought I would share one that I have made time & time again. Not only is it cheap, but everyone ends up loving it! My guess is most of these girls that you know, spend a good amount of time in the kitchen prepping meals, making dinner, & baking. This DIY project will look so cute in any style kitchen, & is inspired by Anthropologie’s Crossed Spoon Plate Stand.
All you need is:
E6000 Glue (click for Amazon Link or get at JoAnn’s/Michaels)
2 Vintage Spoons or Forks (any local thrift/antique shops)
Cross your spoon & fork. Using your E6000 glue, put a drop of glue right in the middle of the x, & let sit for at least 30 minutes.
Using your E6000 glue, you want to put a drop of glue at the bottom of each of your utensils & attach to the stand (look at picture below). You may have to get creative on how you can apply pressure while the glue dries.
Add a super awesome cookbook & vuala! You are done.
You can also wrap up some cute salt and pepper shakers to complete your gift. I love to get gifts that are built around a theme. Share some of your favorite cookbooks below, & what you would pair with your cook book stand. I hope this helps cross a couple people’s gifts of your shopping list this year!!
But you all KNOW it’s good for you & after you finish that last set of burpees you KNOW you feel so much better! As much as we all don’t want to admit that, it doesn’t change that fact that it’s true. So what does it take to get our butts up and moving???
Here are a few things that I think are game changers when it comes to being successful & working out.
A GOOD WORKOUT PLAN
1. Good Music : You need to listen to music that makes your heart pump. Music that makes you excited and music that makes you want to push through the pain. A good station to start with is workout radio onpandora.
2. A Good Workout Plan : I’ve done my fair share of workout programs (including Insanity… which is INSANE (go figure))! But my favorite programs right now are
If you are just trying something out for the first time I would highly recommend Way of Gray because… It’s affordable, you will see results, & I love HIIT training. Today was my first day of Kayla Itsines & I so far I LOVE IT! It is a little bit more expensive, but do it with a group of friends & split the cost between each of you. As I keep doing it over the next 12 weeks I will let you know how I like it (but check out her instagram in the mean time… the before & after pictures are CRAZY AMAZING)!
3. You can’t workout on burgers, fries, & ice cream. Well you can, BUT you will feel like crap. If you can’t live without those foods, have a cheat day. But try your hardest to fuel your body with good foods. You can also take your favorite recipes & substitute some of the ingredients for healthier options: like my peanut butter cookies, or my skinny pasta (recipe coming soon)!!!
Infuse your water with fruit, mint, and lemon.
When you plan ahead, you are way more likely to succeed. Have healthy options with you at all times & find new recipes to try. It is totally possible to make eating healthy fun!
Here is the recipe for my oatmeal (pictured above)!!! Have fun with it… start with oatmeal and almond milk as the base & make it your own by adding other ingrediants.DO NOT HEAT OR COOK. eat it cold & raw. your body will love you for it.
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup almond milk
a pinch of 100% pure organic stevia
a pinch of salt
4. Workout with a friend. If you are a competitive spirit this will make you want to stay on top of your workouts… but even if you are not, working out is just way more fun when you aren’t by yourself. You will push each other when you want to quit. You will encourage each other when you feel like giving up. TWO IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN ONE. Even if you can’t workout with each other or at the same time… text your workout buddy & make sure they know you are going to hold them accountable to breaking a little sweat! Sending them pictures of you sweating like crazy, on the floor dead from working out so hard, in your workout gear, or guzzling your water is always a fun way to make the 30 minutes go by faster.
5. Work toward something. Have a date or a special event that you are working hard for. What is your goal?
Write it down!
Mark your progress.
Mark your calendar.
When you feel like giving up, remember why you started.